Communications Director – Job Announcement
Posted: August 11th, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 28 hours/week, M (1/2 day), T, W, Th.
- Lead the planning and organizing of MALT’s annual fundraising event to meet budget goals with the Executive Director, Development Director and contracted Event Planner including:
- Secure event location and all permitting required
- Work with Event Planner to contract all vendors and event logistics
- Create, design and mail save the date postcards
- Create, design and mail event invitation
- Solicit and secure silent and live auction items
- Set up Greater Giving ticketing portal and auction platforms
- Assign duties and manage volunteers/staff and provide training on Greater Giving app
- Create program, script, PPT loops, awards, slides and mission moment video
- Work with the Executive Director, Development Director, committee members and others to ensure successful special events and outreach programs. These duties will be completely dependent on the specific event.
- Provide support to the Development Director on both the Spring and Year-End appeals.
- Create and distribute an eblast to email subscribers as needed focusing on MALT accomplishments and other news.
- Create and distribute an electronic bi-yearly newsletter.
- Work with website developer to update and add content to the MALT website, www.savetheland.org
- Maintain, update and create engaging content to MALT’s social media platforms.
- Add MALT events to community calendars.
- Manage all marketing and advertising for MALT.
- Coordinate with the Development Director on scheduling and executing and attending all outreach events and participate in community presentations.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other Board and staff members as needed. This can include new Board member orientation, greeting the public in the office as well as at outside events, filing organizational papers, answering telephones, taking meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assist and prepare for Board meetings including preparing Board packet for Executive Director, putting Board packet on flash drive and laptop for the meeting and attend and set-up for Board meeting.
- Manage Salesforce database including record accuracy, updates to the platform and training staff members.
File Maintenance Support:
- Work with all staff to ensure that all files are kept according to the Records Management Policy. This includes compiling hard copy files for local storage as well as off-site storage. It also includes ensuring high quality and complete electronic versions of all required files.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Education and Technology Skills:
- 4-year degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills and experience working with the public.
- Must have knowledge and experience with non-profit fundraising event planning.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Send resume, cover letter and three references to Jeanne@savetheland.org, Attn: Communications Director. In the cover letter please describe in detail:
- Relevant experience for this position.
- Why you would be a good fit for this position.
Mountain Area Land Trust
908 Nob Hill Road, Suite 200
Evergreen, CO 80439
Office: (303) 679-0950